Dysport Injections FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
10 common questions about Dysport Injection Services:
1. What is Dysport, and how does it work?
Dysport is an injectable neurotoxin similar to Botox, used to temporarily reduce the appearance of wrinkles by relaxing the underlying muscles. It works by blocking nerve signals to the treated muscles.
2. What are the most common areas treated with Dysport?
Dysport is commonly used to treat dynamic wrinkles, such as forehead lines, crow's feet, and frown lines (glabellar lines) between the eyebrows.
3. Is Dysport a safe treatment?
When administered by a trained and qualified medical professional, Dysport is generally considered safe. It has been FDA-approved for cosmetic use.
4. How long do Dysport results last?
Dysport results typically last around 3 to 4 months. However, individual responses may vary.
5. Is the Dysport injection procedure painful?
Dysport injections are generally well-tolerated. The procedure is quick, and many Dysport formulations include a numbing agent to minimize discomfort.
6. Is there any downtime after a Dysport treatment?
Most patients can resume their regular activities immediately after the procedure. Some may experience mild redness or swelling at the injection sites, which usually subsides quickly.
7. Can Dysport be combined with other cosmetic treatments?
Yes, Dysport can often be combined with other treatments such as dermal fillers or laser therapy to achieve more comprehensive facial rejuvenation.
8. What are the potential side effects of Dysport?
Common side effects may include mild bruising, swelling, headache, or mild pain at the injection sites. Serious complications are rare but can include infection or an allergic reaction.
9. How much does Dysport treatment cost?
The cost of Dysport treatments varies depending on the number of units required, the treatment area, and the geographic location of the medical spa. During a consultation, you'll receive a personalized quote. With Eden Hydration each unit costs $3.75 per unit with the average client using between 80-120 units per visit.
10. How do I choose the right medical spa and practitioner for Dysport services?
Look for a reputable medical spa with experienced, licensed practitioners who specialize in injectable treatments. Read reviews, ask for recommendations, and schedule consultations to discuss your goals and assess the spa's facilities and safety protocols.